Sunday, February 17, 2008

I feel loved

There are a couple of similarities between Newcastle and Singapore. For one, the mosquitoes still attack as ferociously. There are also stag-horn ferns, frangipanis and bougainvilleas too.
It’s mighty chilly for summer – a cool 17 degrees when I touched down. After what seemed like a long bus ride from Sydney (on which drooling in my sleep occurred) we reached the University of Newcastle. Of course no one was working (it was a Saturday, what do you expect!) and Itried to call the number displayed for people arriving after office hours, and what do you know? I can’t make outgoing calls! So here I was… Stranded… Cold… Hungry…

Nah, I just sent dad a message to ask him too call the number for me.

I spent most of Saturday alone and slept early. Most of my housemates got in on Sunday – in my unit is Aurelie, a girl from France, Rosie from Sydney, Peter from Kenya, Steffen from Norway and Scott from Port Macquarie. Of course there’s Yedda, my residential assistant who is extremely helpful.

Oh, and guys, I had a wonderful send-off. Missing you guys. :)

No comments: