Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Mile Beach

It's late now, but I thought I'd better write this before I forget...

We went up for a site visit to One Mile beach today, it's about an hour North of here near Port Stevens.

We waited for the bus at an early 8am, while the chilly wind whipped about our feet. So unlike yesterday's nice warm weather. Of course I slept on the way and when I got up I asked the girl sitting next to me "Did I drool?" To which another girl behind me burst out laughing.

I didn't drool.

One Mile beach was beautiful. Though I must admit it took awhile for the beauty of the place to really sink in. I saw sand so fine it moved like water; different coloured sands that made patterns that appeared like black fire.

It's the whole place in general. Serene. Secluded. And untouched by man. Except for this piece of architecture sticking out like a sore thumb.

I saw sharks' eggs too, for the first time. I once came across (in writing) of a mermaid's purse. This is actually the egg sac of a dog fish/shark. The eggs sac was something truly remarkable. Such curves, and it was opague too - which had an amber colour. There were urchins, and sponges and corals washed up on the beach. All weird, contorted and came in all sorts of vibrant colours.

(BTW, the first two pics are the sharks' egg sac)










So this is our last, and longest assignment. I expect that means it's gonna be critiqued more strictly. This one is titled BeachBox, and we have to design a lifeguard house. After all this boring computer work and my history assignment, I'll definately be looking forward to exploring this assignment.

No comments: