Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lindt’s Excellence Chili Chocolate

I've been having this habit of purchasing a bar of good, dark chocolte from the supermarket whenever I do my grocery shopping. (With the exception of two weeks ago when they ran a promo for buying two bars. How could I resist?)

I found Lindt’s Excellence Chili Chocolate and had to try some. What caught my eye was actually the bright red chilli. It pretty much stood out in the sea of chocolate-coloured packaging. I first heard about the fantastic chilli / chocolate combination from Joanne Harris's Chocolat, which went to be made into a film. Judi Dench's character was initially surprised at the mention of the combination but on first taste, fell in love with it.

The initial taste of this chocolate is creamy and even though it's dark chocolate, perhaps is a tad sweet. The chilli taste doesn't hit you till after you swallow, when the superb flavour of cocao dissolves to give way to this gentle warmness, more so around the back your throat. A very delicate balance of falvours. I try not the eat too much. Oh I try.

No comments: