Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ecstatic

Was talking to dad today... And I told him that it was time to pay for my Uni fees as the new year starts this March.

He actually gave me a cheque to open a new bank account! So tomorrow will be heading down to OCBC to open a current account...

You cannot believe the excitement I am feeling. Though the plans look pretty solid, I cannot fully grasp this happiness, because money is fleeting. In the sense that money is rolling in now, but in the fickle world of business, if the customer drops us, well, we're fucked.

I also cannot help but feel selfish in this pursuit of my future... By going overseas, of course there will be a burden on the family. I can only do my best to balance work and studies there, and try to supplement my income.

Newcastle has just changed their course accreditation. It was initially a five year course - the first three years a mandatory Bachelors in Design (Architecture) and only upon graduation do you get to proceed to the final two years where you get a Bachelors in Architecture. Now, they've changed that to a Masters! At least now I don't have to think I'll be behind those in Singapore since they too get a Masters in five years.

Need to go walk Mandy now...

No comments: