Monday, November 26, 2007

Christchurch – Day 4

Woke up late today, at 11am. Since it was so late I just did the laundry until lunch which was in the hotel's cafe.

I had a very nice and light baked aubergine, courgette and mozzarella tart.

After lunch I had to get a pair of formal black shoes. Shoes in NZ are pretty expensive. Generally about a hundred over dollars. In the end I got a Hush Puppy pair for $119. Most people recommend Sergios along Colombo St. It was a very nice shop, though I think mostly branded.

Dinner was a very long-drawn affair which started at six and ended about 11 plus.

Tomorrow we move to the Avenue Motor Lodge along Bealey Ave. We stayed there last year and it was a very decent and nice place. Family run by a lovely couple, Bernie and Jeff. They've got an adorable cat, Muscles and magnificent German Shep, though the name eludes us now. (Ah, his name was Kaiser and he was magnificent.)

Night night.

No comments: