Friday, November 2, 2007

Going bananas

I meant to write this post yesterday, on Thursday. It's now 2.09am.

We had to prematurely harvest this first batch of bananas as the ants were getting to them. Moreover for some weird reason they were randomly splitting down the centres. So rather than let them all go to waste dad decided to just chop off the whole bunch.

They look perfectly ripe after they'd split though. And the ants and fruit flies certainly thought so. I think it's cool, the way we've got a whole farm at home. Lol. Apart from bananas, there're papayas, mangoes (though we've yet to really eat them), and soon coconuts too. Not to mention the odd basil, spring onion and parsley I try to grow now and then. Oh, and then that blackberry shrub we got from Cameron Highlands. Only bears fruit once in awhile an when it does never enough for anything substantial.

When I feel like it I'll go cut down the banana tree - they only bear fruit once, after which they are useless. But no worries, they're plenty more shoots growing out from the sides.

I made a boo-boo today. I shall not elaborate here but I feel i should have known better.. Business etiquette and all. After the meeting we had a lunch. My goodness, I couldn't wait to get out of it. It was just so draggy. Furthermore that HR woman was acting so familiar with me. Argh. What do you talk to straight business women about? I haven't a clue. It was almost awkward. And the thing is I think I almost didn't bother trying. It's not that I don't give a hoot about the business, it's just that I didn't deem the HR woman anyone important enough to give a hoot. Sigh, all for the sake of pretense.

The beef hor-fun at Geylang Lor 9 is fantastic. Stomach's rumbling now just thinking of it. Oooo... Plus the cut green chili.

I suppose I should turn in now.

2 comments:

Xing Jian said...

*cough pregnant cough*

Anonymous said...

omg!! i wanna try the home grown bananas. haha.