Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hope and macaroni

Mum made a comforting macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight. Yum Yum. Though sometimes we crave the cheap junk food version, tonight's one was made with good cheese. I think there was at least a Parmesan in it. Topped with breadcrumbs. Man, stomach's rumbling now.

So I was looking up the dish online and it seems it has more history and culture than American TV dinners I associate it with:

When cooked traditionally, the cheese sauce is often prepared in the style of Mornay sauce, a classical French sauce of butter and flour cooked into a roux, to which milk and cheese are added. Alternatively, the sauce may consist of a custard base with cheese added. The sauce and cooked macaroni are then combined. Often the dish is then baked as a casserole, sometimes with a breadcrumb topping. The resulting dish displays a contrast between a soft interior and crisp exterior that can only be made by dry-heat cooking.

I also bought some O-Level Math books today. Yeah... My attempt to get back in the mood for studying since Feb isn't too far away and I suppose I will need to learn how to study again. Lol. Army is baaaaad for you man.

I'm actually quite excited about doing more Math. Or perhaps I'm just saying that... Wait till I get the first question wrong. Sigh. Lol.

Ermm, just a little of how I am feeling in the poem reflected below... Still takes up a lot of my thoughts...

Dreams

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

~ Langston Hughes

I suppose that is all I can do. That, and hope.

No comments: